vrijdag 21 juni 2013

Dieren - Animals

Ongetwijfeld zullen mijn voorouders ook dieren hebben gehad. Ik had nog nooit genaaldvilt maar vond wat instructies op internet die ik wilde proberen.

No doubt my ancestors had animals in their lives. So although I had never needle felted before I wanted to give it a try with some tutorials I found online.


Tutorial  http://www.lapappadolce.net/gattino-in-lana-cardata/ 

Deze heb ik gebruikt voor de kat. Mijn ijzerdraad was wat te dun en daardoor zijn de pootjes ook een beetje dun en scheef. De kat is ook eigenlijk een beetje te groot uitgevallen voor 1:12. De ogen zijn kleine glaskralen met acrylverf.

For the cat I used this tutorial. My wire was a bit too thin and the wool wouldn't hold in place well. His legs are a bit thin and wobbly.He's also a bit too big for 1:12 His eyes are made of glass beads with acrylic paint.

 

 







Voor de hond gebruikte ik onderstaande link. Met de pijpenrager krijg je een veel steviger lijfje en pootjes en de wol blijft beter zitten. Ik noem hem Einstein, naar de hond van een vriendin, Juli.
Hij kan helemaal neergezet worden zoals je wilt.

 http://miniatures.about.com/od/makeminiatureanimals/ss/Make-Scale-Miniature-Felted-Dogs.htm

For the dog I used this tutorial. Using pipe cleaners really made positive difference. I call this cute little dog Einstein, he's modelled after my friend Juli's dog. He's fully poseable.


door het vergrootglas. Through the magnifying glass













 Foto's met de mobiele telefoon zijn wat wazig. Toch maar eens een echte camera aanschaffen!

The pictures from my smart phone are a bit fuzzy. I think I need to invest in a real camera.





Voor Coco de papegaai gebruikte ik onderstaande link. Dit was nogal een uitdaging. Omdat ik niets anders had, heb ik de veren en het borduurgaren met waterverf geverfd, daarna in een azijnbad uitgespoeld.

http://cdhm.org/tutorials/learn-to-sculpt-a-miniature-parrot.html 

I made Coco the parrot following this tutorial. This was quite a challenge. Using what I had, I dyed the feathers and the embroidery floss with normal watercolours and rinsed them in a bath of vinegar.


 Lijfje van Fimo.
Body of polymer clay


Ik steek het cocktailprikkertje in een blok oase die ik met vershoudfolie heb overtrokken, tegen het kruimelen.

I stick the tooth pick on some green floral foam (?) which I covered with cling film to prevent it from crumbling.






Ik ben tevreden met het resultaat voor een eerste keer en Coco lijkt het ook prima naar zijn zin te hebben.

I am pleased with the result for my first try and Coco seems to enjoy himself as well.

2 opmerkingen :

  1. Reacties
    1. Thank you Sans for your kind comment! I am also very happy with how he turned out.I think I surprised myself actually :-)

      Verwijderen