zondag 22 september 2013

Handfasting - Part 1 - Deel 1

While the guests, including some of you, are still partying I thought I'd share a first update of the day.

Terwijl de gasten, waaronder enkelen van jullie, nog aan het feesten zijn, deel ik alvast een eerste indruk van de dag.

Although the sun did not show itself, the temperature was very nice. We woke up at the crack of dawn to set everything up and get ready. Art was the first to be dressed and ready to go downstairs.

Hoewel er geen zon was, was de temperatuur aangenaam. We werden bij het krieken van de dag wakker om alles klaar te maken inclusief onszelf . Art was de eerste die aangekleed was en klaar om naar beneden te gaan.


Doesn't he look handsome in his new trousers and sparkly vest?

Ziet hij er niet prachtig uit in zijn nieuwe broek en glimmend hesje?

While he was pacing nervously back and forth, the first guests arrived. I left it to him to great them and lead them to the ceremony space. 

Terwijl hij zenuwachtig aan het ijsberen was, kwamen de eerste gasten aan. Ik liet het aan hem over om hen naar het ceremonie-gedeelte te wijzen.

I was too busy helping a very nervous Angélique get dressed.
When it was time, she posed for me. Doesn't she look beautiful, the little blushing bride!

Ik was veel te druk met Angélique helpen zich aan te kleden. Toen het tijd was, poseerde ze voor mij. Ziet ze er niet prachtig uit, de blozende bruid?


The guests are waiting - De gasten wachten
 

And so is Art - Art ook
 
 
And there she is, walking down the aisle.... En daar loopt ze dan... 

 




And here she joins him.... Tot ze hem bereikt....
 



One of the fairies performed the ceremony of tying the ribbon while Art and Angélique declared to love and honour each other forever and a day. 

Een van de elfjes is de ambtenaar en knoopt het koord terwijl Art en Angélique verklaren elkaar te zullen eren en liefhebben voor eeuwig en een dag.
 


It was a very moving ceremony and many a guest had tears in their eyes. 

Het was een emotionele ceremonie. Menig gast had tranen in zijn ogen.

Afterwards they jumped the broom, leaving their old life behind.

Daarna sprongen ze over de bezem om hun oude leven achter zich te laten.
 

And here they are, bound together Art and Angélique!

En hier zijn ze dan, verbonden met elkaar: Art en Angélique!
 
 
While the happy couple stays behind for a few formal wedding photo's, the guests are invited to help themselves at the buffet table where the potluck is simmering.

Terwijl het gelukkige paar achter bleef voor wat staatsiefoto's, begaven de gasten zich naar het buffet waar de stoofpot rustig pruttelde.
 


I must go back to the guests now, we are getting ready to say goodbye to the newly weds.
Tomorrow I'll share all about the cake, the presents and the bowtop!

Ik moet nu terug naar de gasten, we staan op het punt om afscheid te nemen van het gelukkige echtpaar.
Morgen zal ik  alles delen over de cake, de cadeaus en de bowtop.

Stay tuned!  Blijf het volgen!


7 opmerkingen :

  1. Oh!!! How BEAUTIFUL!!!! And the best part is that it happened outside in the Garden... well, maybe not the Best part... that surely has to be the blushing bride in her Gorgeous gown!!! (I don't want to neglect Art's vest... but the Bride is the center of the day!) What a lot of fun this has been... you really made so many details to make it special! All those flowers!!! I LOVE the guests... fairies and gnomes! And the tying the knot is just Perfect! They really look so happy together... surely it is a match made in Heaven and they will love each other Forever and a day!
    I can't wait to hear all about the rest... but I think I will go have some of that delicious looking food...!!!
    I LOVE weddings!!!
    I really have a Huge Smile on my face!!! :):):)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Really Betsy? You don't mind having a choice between raw vegetables and raw vegetables? LOL. Sometimes it's only in the pictures that I notice the details. Like no drinks and only one plate. :-) I have been laughing a lot today, I'll share a " making of" I think. Anyway, tomorrow part 2.
      X
      Veronique

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello Veronique! I am so happy for them both! The ceremony was lovely and the bride was so beautiful and the groom so handsome! What a great outcome for all of the pre-planning and getting everybody ready that you orchestrated. As Betsy, says, it is a match made in heaven. How totally Romantic! I bet that you will miss them while they are away. What in the world will you do with yourself with all the quiet and with not even the care of the horses to attend to?

    elizabeth

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Oh, yes! I already miss them! But they promised to be back in time for halloween. They still left the dogs, cats, bunny and parrot so enough to keep me company and of course a house to finish. I hope they send me a postcard now and then!
      X
      Veronique

      Verwijderen
  3. Als dit niet de perfecte bruiloft is, dan weet ik het niet meer. Alleen al de bruidsjurk is een juweeltje. Ik ga snel door naar de rest van je bruidsreportage!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Fabulous fabulous party!!! *wiping tears from my eyes

    I agree with Betsy. An outdoor wedding is a great idea!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen