zaterdag 5 oktober 2013

Stonehenge and a sink - Stonehenge en een gootsteen

What does Stonehenge have to do with a sink? Well, nothing really.

Wat heeft Stonehenge met een gootsteen te maken? Nou niets eigenlijk.

I got an email today, from the A-team. They've arrived at Stonehenge. Seems, they are enjoying themselves!

Ik kreeg vandaag een email van het A-team. Ze zijn in Stonehenge aangekomen. Volgens mij hebben ze het naar hun zin.
Funny, when I went there years ago, I made exactly the same picture....

Grappig, toen ik er een paar jaar geleden was, heb ik precies dezelfde foto gemaakt....

On a totally unrelated matter:
I needed a sink for my kitchen so I went to McDonald's, as one does when one needs a sink. Obviously. I walk in and immediately see two empty mayonnaise containers on the table of a lovestruck couple (McDonald's, really??? Where's the romance? ) I ask them if I can have them, somewhat bewildered they shake yes with their heads, mouths open in surprise. I grab the containers and a couple of wooden stir sticks on the way and walk out. In and out in 20 seconds. I love it when a plan comes together!

En nu voor iets heel anders:
Ik had een gootsteen nodig voor mijn keuken, dus ging ik naar McDonald's. Zoals men doet wanneer men een gootsteen nodig heeft, vanzelfsprekend eigenlijk. Ik ging naar binnen en zag meteen 2 lege portie-verpakkingen frietsaus liggen op het tafeltje van een verliefd stelletje (McDonald's, echt?? Waar is de romantiek gebleven??). Ik vraag hen of ik ze mag hebben en ze knikken verbijsterd met open mond "ja". Ik neem ze mee, loop naar buiten, graai nog even wat houten roerstokjes mee en 20 seconden later stond ik weer buiten. Heerlijk als alles op rolletjes loopt!

They have even marked the place for the drain! Ze hebben zelfs al aangegeven waar de afvoer komt!

Besides a lot of painting and sanding, I have also been enjoying the weather and my nifty little lens.
These are the last flowers in my garden.

Naast schuren en schilderen, geniet ik ook nog van het heerlijke weer en van mijn geinig kleine lensje.
Dit zijn de laatste bloemen in mijn tuin.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Geniet van het weekend!


12 opmerkingen :

  1. Hello Veronique! That is Hysterical! I usually wait until the garbage is left on the table and the people removed from the building before I pounce! I'm not quite as brave as you have been, to approach While they are still sitting there and Ask for their trash!!!! Ho Ho Ho! No doubt they looked at you with new eyes and discussed it later with their friends! Ahhhh, how we will humble ourselves to achieve our objectives! This is so funny and so REAL, I am still chuckling at the image you have presented!
    Meanwhile, the picture of Stonehenge is great! and I am delighted to see that they are having a marvelous time and keeping in touch too! What a great treat for them when they come back home to find that their new kitchen sink also is packed with such a lot of HISTORY. :D

    elizabeth

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You have to know I came from the farm (I harvest my organic vegetables there every week, it's kind of a cooperative). So I am wearing my wellies, oldest jeans and sweater (muddy farm dog paws and loving cow spit). No makeup and hair in a messy bun. Typical dumpster lady!! I couldn't wait for them to leave because we are supposed to throw away our own trash at McD's. Besides, I had only one thing on my mind: a sink, my sink! My preciousssss :-D

      Verwijderen
  2. Oh my lord! Just like Elizabeth I was chuckling to myself at the image of you hijacking the containers from a surprised couple but now that I know you were in such a 'natural' state as well it's even more hilarious. I cannot imagine the conversation after you left!! They must have thought you were totally bonkers! I'm guessing that their dipping sauce containers will be the same so next time I take my grandson who orders chicken nuggets but refuses the dipping sauce option I'll be ordering sauce for sure! These look so much better than a lot of the mini containers for jam ec because these ones have depth - a necessary characteristic for a sink!

    The A-team appear to be having a wonderful time! I've got a lot of catching up to do on their news.

    Beautiful flowers, a nice way to capture their beauty before they disappear and winter sets in.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Norma! Yes I can only imagine the conversation they had after I left with their empty container :-) but see for the rest of their lives they are left with that nagging question: why did that crazy dumpster lady need our containers.... Hehehe

      These do have the right depth indeed. Almost a perfect 1:12 match to my RL sink. Now to start building the cabinets...

      XX,
      Véronique

      Verwijderen
  3. Hi Veronique!
    I Love the Stonehenge picture!!! And there are just some pictures that get taken by Everybody! :)
    Your sink shopping is GENIUS!!! (And you courage is admirable!) I can't wait to see it all together!
    And I can fully understand your joy with your nifty little lens! Those pictures are Awesome!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Betsy, genius sounds good :-) If anything, the chuckles I've had out of those 20 seconds are totally worth it!
      Yes those flowers came out great. Every bug in the garden is making a run for it when they see me coming but the flowers were happy to pose for me :-)
      X
      Véronique

      Verwijderen
  4. Hoi Veronique, houten stokjes meegraaien doe ik ook soms maar ik had er nog nooit bij stilgestaan dat de sausbakjes bij de Mac ook als gootsteen kunnen dienen; dat heb je goed gezien, zeg! Tja, verbijsterende reacties zijn vaak ons deel als we andermans afval proberen te verzamelen; en erbij vertellen dat het voor een poppenhuishobby is maakt het er vaak nog slechter op, haha.
    Ik heb weer genoten van je post vol humor! Fijne zondag!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Haha, ja die blikken als je vraagt of je dat rietje, schroefje of frutseltje dat ze weg willen gooien, mag hebben :-) Mijn vriendinnen bewaren inmiddels van alles en nog wat voor me van bierdoppen tot kapotte kettingen!
      Jij ook een fijne zondag!!
      X,
      Véronique

      Verwijderen
  5. Oh Veronique, jij bent écht onverbeterlijk, je lijkt mij wel! LOL schitterend, dat "gappen" van die cupjes en roerstokjes, doe ik ook, niet verder vertellen, hoor..... Gelukkig kom ik nooit in een McD (is hier niet op t platteland, hè), dan zou ik meteen opgepakt worden ivm afvalpikkerij ;)! Heerlijk toch als je ze "gratis en voor niks" kunt meenemen, scheelt weer en uh.....dat is ook echt Oer-Hollands dat "gratis" :)! Zo te lezen weet Liduina ook al dat ons constante gevraag naar afval van anderen garant staat voor verraste reacties bij anderen :D!
    Maar goed, terug naar het just married couple. Ze hebben het waarschijnlijk zeer goed naar hun zin, zot e zin op de foto :D!
    Fijne avond nog toegewenst!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hihi, gelukkig, ik voel me een stuk normaler nu :-)
      Maar het lijk hier in huis soms wel n beetje n winkel van Sinkel, er is van alles te vinden. Of n variant op Extreme Hoarders!
      X,
      Véronique

      Verwijderen
  6. What a coincidence about the Stonehenge picture! They look so happy! I'm so glad their trip is going so well! Thank you for the update, and I can't wait to see your finished sink! What a way to get a sink! LOL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Let's not tell them when they return that their kitchen is made of trash ;-)
      They're on their way to the ferry to Ireland. It might be a while before I hear from them.
      X
      Véronique

      Verwijderen