zondag 2 september 2018

And there was light - En toen er was licht

As promised I resumed work on the Willowcrest.
I decided I needed to finish wiring the attic before I could glue the roof. So I made some lamps for the attic and decided to wire the bedroom and bathroom as well.
Please poke the pictures for a better view.

Zoals beloofd, ben ik weer verder gegaan met de Willowcrest.
Ik besloot dat ik eerst de elektra op zolder most afmaken om het dak vast te kunnen maken en ik besloot de badkamer en slaapkamer ook te doen.

Klik op de foto voor een groter beeld.



Bedroom lamp made with all kinds of findings
Slaapkamerlamp van verschillende voorwerpen






Bedside table lamp made with beads
Nachtkastje lamp gemaakt van kralen




Bathroom mirror lamps: beads
Badkamer Spiegellampen: kralen



I inserted my wrought iron window in place. All the trimmings still have to be added.
Ik heb het smeedijzeren raam op z'n plek gezet. Alle afwerking zoals kozijnen moet ik nog maken.






I really like the look of the window
Ik vind het raam zo wel mooi geworden


Again, all the trims still have to be added.
Alle afwerking moet nog gemaakt worden zoals plafondlijsten






The attic lights: beads
Zolder lampen: kralen


I put a sofa in the nook just for the picture. Next month I will go to a workshop and make a work bench for a 1:12 miniaturist and it will go in the nook. The lady of this house builds her dollhouses in the attic.
Ik heb een klein bankje in de "erker" gezet voor de foto maar binnenkort volg ik een workshop om een 1:12 werktafel te maken en die komt daar te staan. De bewoonster van dit huis bouwt poppenhuizen op zolder.


I made the sofa following the instructions in Léa Frissoni's Big Book of miniatures. 
Het bankje heb ik gemaakt volgens de instructies uit Léa Frissoni's boek.






I put my house on a glass table and that made it possible to show you the mess underneath 😉
Ik heb mijn huis op een glazen tafeltje gezet waardoor ik nu de chaos aan de onderkant kan laten zien. 😉


I live 25 minutes from a wonderful dollhouse shop. I needed some supplies and stumbled on this little gem. I couldn't resist. It will look perfect on the miniaturist work bench.
Ik woon 25 minuten van het Kabinet in Gouda en ging erheen voor wat materialen maar kwam dit juweeltje tegen. Ik kon het niet weerstaan. Het zal perfect passen op de werktafel.







I still have a lot to do. Reattach the porch the previous owner removed, all the trims and frills that make this house so special, the front door, balcony etc...
Ik heb nog veel te doen zoals de veranda er weer aanzetten, die was verwijderd door de vorige eigenaar, alle afwerking en versierselen die het huis zo bijzonder maken, de voordeur, het balkon enz...







Thank you  for visiting my blog!! I really appreciate your comments!

Dank je dat je mijn blog bezoekt! Jouw commentaar wordt zeer gewaardeerd

26 opmerkingen :

  1. I love the wrought iron bathroom window! It looks really good.
    The lights in the house are great. That is something I have not tried to do yet. (I know that my dolls really want me to put light in their houses!)
    Those little tweezers are so cute! They are so tiny.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Sam, it is my first lighted house and it is easier than I feared.
      Yes the tweezers are too cute, I fell in love with them ;-)

      Verwijderen
  2. Wat een hoop werk verzet en wat een gave lampen gemaakt! En die pincet, té geweldig gewoon 😁. Klinkt erg leuk die workshop (bij het Kabinet?), Veel plezier alvast! Groetjes Evelien (@oneformini_oneforme)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je 😊 Ja die pincet vind ik ook zoo leuk!
      Ja is bij het Kabinet. Ken je het? Leuke winkel.
      Dank je wel 😊
      Liefs,
      V

      Verwijderen
  3. Mooie verlichting overal! Het raam is ook prachtig! Wat leuk dat er poppenhuizen gemaakt worden op zolder, in het poppenhuis :-D! Dat pincetje is een juweeltje, en perfect voor op de werkbank die je gaat maken.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je, ik ben ook erg tevreden met het raam.
      Leek me wel leuk een poppenhuis in het poppenhuis 😉 en het pincet kon ik niet weerstaan!

      Verwijderen
  4. The lamps made of beads are amazing and the way you master the wiring is really great. I love the wrought iron window, it fits so perfectly well in your bathroom.
    Hugs, Drora

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I really like lighting and its various lamps that give a lot of warmth to the house. Nice work!
    hugs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wàt een originele en stijvolle verlichting voor jouw huis, Véronique, en dat raam is echt geweldig!! Ik heb dezelfde terughoudendheid betreft qua verlichting als jij had, maar dat schijnt dus mee te vallen...?
    En dan dat dotje van een pincetje: gave vondst en die mag zeker niet ontbreken op de werktafel, zulke details maken het grote geheel helemaal af.
    Fijn, dat jij vlakbij een miniaturenwinkel woont en gaaf dat jij workshops kunt volgen die redelijk dichtbij jou in de buurt zijn, geniet ervan!
    Liefs, Ilona

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dank je lieve Ilona! Ja de verlichting van Nalladris valt reuze mee.
      ik ben inderdaad een bofferd dat ik zo dicht bij het Kabinet woon. Mijn portemonnee is er wat minder blij mee ;-)

      Verwijderen
  7. Oh! I love the forged window! It looks very beautiful! Great idea to use beads for a lamp I really like.
    The tweezers look amazing! The amazing skill of miniaturists! Enjoy!
    Hugs
    Tatiana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Tu casa está quedando genial, me encantan las luces y esas mini pinzas !!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Hallo Veronique,
    Wat een geweldige klus deed je met de verlichting. De kamers komen echt tot leven, maar ik moet zeggen dat ik het vooral leuk vind op de eerste foto. Het is verbluffend en werpt zo'n mooie schaduw. Ik ben ook dol op die verleidelijke pincetten. ze zijn zo goed gedaan.
    Grote knuffel
    Giac

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Hi Veronique! I LOVE what you are doing with all the lights you have made! The bead lights in the bathroom look particularly lovely when turned on! And that lacy ceiling fixture is gorgeous!!! Those tiny tweezers are amazing!!! I am glad your glass table is so useful...(that you can see the condition of all your wires!) I am afraid that half the wires in my Lovely Old Dollhouse need to be re-connected... but I can't see through my table! LOL! I am admiring your sofa made from Lea's patterns... I have her beautiful book and fully intend to give the furniture a try... one of these days....! And the front of your house may still need a lot of work... but the interior rooms are looking so serene and fresh and Lovely! I look forward to seeing more! :):)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you so much Betsy! The glass table is handy indeed but lying on the floor on my back is not ;-)
      Lea's book has some beautiful projects, ideal for the days inspiration is lacking.

      Verwijderen
  11. Wow, that's what I call progress! Installing so many self made lamps was without doubt a lot of fiddly work - but the result was worth any effort. It's always amazing how much lighting adds to the atmosphere of a house - and yours is already so friendly and inviting. I like the idea of a miniaturist's worktable in the attic - and the tweezers are a fantastic find. You're lucky to live so close by a miniature shop… and to attend a workshop. Have fun - I'm looking forward to see the result.

    Hugs
    Birgit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Birgit, how is your lighting adventure coming along?

      Verwijderen
  12. I love all your lights I have one very like the one in the alcove in RL lol. The tweezers are wonderful great find.
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Hugs Maria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Maria, I have noticed that a lot of real lamps look like mini beads :-) That's good for us!

      Verwijderen
  13. Hi Veronique!
    I have been catching up on the posts I've missed and must commend you on how diligent you've been at getting your house put together and decorating it.
    The lighting is FABULOUS! I'm a Great Fan of Eclectic Electrics and all of your choices greatly appeal to me!
    The louvered shutters on the windows gives the front facade a whole lot of interst and the filtered sunlight and shadows will add to the interior atmosphere, so Bravo on all that you've accomplished thus far, and I'm eagerly anticipating your next instalment!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thank you Elizabeth for your kind words but as you can see I haven't been very diligent lately. When life interferes....
      I am hoping to gain speed again soon!.
      Hugs,
      Véronique

      Verwijderen