zondag 14 juli 2013

Baking - Bakken

Ancestors must eat too...


I have some serious construction to do on the house but I don't seem to be able to get in the mood. So instead I tried my hand at baking mini cakes. Now, I am a disaster in the kitchen in real life so I was a bit hesitant at first. I started making a mold with some silicone paste and a beer bottle cap and some jewellery findings. That was easy! 10 minute later I had a mold. So I started mixing some polymer clay to make the colour of the cupcakes (chocolate brown, I mixed green and red) and for the pies (brown and white). I don't have a lot of colours (yet) so I mix what I have. I made the cherry pie in the bottle cap as I can ask my neighbour to save me some ;-) and the cupcakes and apple pie in the molds. I used red beads for the cherry-filling. I made both pies without backing in between. I coloured the apples with pastel and then covered both pies with liquid clay. This way the beads are fixed in place and the apple pie gets that juicy sheen. For the cupcakes I used the mold made from the jewellery findings and covered them with a little swirly clay sausage. I cured the clay while in the mold and took the pies out when cooled. The jam covered cupcake did not turn out like I wanted. I tried to make frosting mixing a bit of red clay and liquid clay. I think next time I will used acrylic paint to colour the liquid clay. The little swirl on that cupcake comes from a box of nail decorations. The colour of the apple pie crust is too dark but as it is, it looks just like my slightly burned real life apple pie :-).



Voorouders moeten ook eten

Ik heb nog heel veel werk te doen aan het huis maar ik heb er steeds maar geen zin in. Dus, in plaats van hakken en breken aan het huis, besloot ik om mini taartjes te bakken. Nou ben ik een ramp in de echte keuken dus ik was enigszins sceptisch. Ik begon met het maken van een mal van silicone pasta (2 componenten) en de dop van een bierflesje en wat sierraden-onderdelen. Dat was makkelijk! 10 minuten later had ik mallen. Toen ben ik fimo-klei gaan mengen. Rood en groen voor chocoladebruin en lichtbruin met wit voor het deeg van de taarten. Ik heb (nog) niet zoveel kleuren klei, dus ik meng wat ik heb. Ik heb de kersenvlaai in de dop van het bierflesje gemaakt. Ik kan altijd aan mijn buurman vragen of hij er een paar voor me wil bewaren:-). De cupcakes en de appeltaart heb ik in de mallen gemaakt. Ik heb rode glaskraaltjes gebruikt voor de kersenvulling. Ik heb de klei tussendoor niet kort gebakken aangezien ik alles in de mallen laat tijdens het bakken. De "dotten' slagroom zijn dunne rolletjes klei. De jam over de derde cupcake is eigenlijk een mislukking. Ik heb klei en liquid fimo gemengd maar ik denk dat ik de volgende keer acrylverf gebruik om de liquid fimo te kleuren. De kleine decoratie komt uit een doosje nageldecoraties. Ik heb beide taarten met liquid fimo bedekt zodat de kraaltje meteen goed vastzaken en er tussen de appels net zo'n soort gelei komt als in het echt. Het deeg van de appeltaart is wat te donker maar mijn taarten zijn over algemeen in het echt ook altijd net te lang gebakken :-)

1 opmerking :

  1. Fantastic!! They certainly look good enough to eat! The pies are wonderfully rustic.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen