zaterdag 27 juli 2013

Thrift store - Kringloop

I wanted to get some paint for the front door of the house. It will be easier to paint before I put it in place. I have decided to paint it dark green, a traditional Dutch colour for listed buildings. So once the thunderstorms and rain had quieted down a bit I went to the DIY store.
In the same street, there is also a thrift store so I figured, why not. Since I'm here.....

Ik wilde verf gaan halen voor de voordeur van het huis. Het is makkelijker om de deur te schilderen vóór hij op zijn plaats zit. Ik heb gekozen voor monumentaal groen. Dus zodra het onweer en de regen wat afgezwakt waren ben ik op pad gegaan. Naast de bouwmarkt zit de kringloop en aangezien ik toch in de buurt was...

And these are the treasures I found:

Dit zijn de schatten die ik heb gevonden:


The miniature doll is a little over 1 inch / 2,5 cm tall. The house is 2 inches / 5 cm tall. I thought the little ceramic tile  could either be a backsplash or countertop in the kitchen. The two "rugs" are made of felt and machine embroidered but they are the perfect rug size! As for the wagon. I just loved it the moment I saw it. The interior space is a wee bit smaller than the kits that are available but there is still ample space for a bed, a settee, kitchen. The only thing that is out of character and out of scale is that enormous wheel. It's 5 inches / 12,5 cm high. But then again, a gypsy wagon has 4 wheels. Mine has 3. Still, at €5,- I couldn't leave it. What do you think? Can you see its potential?

Het kleine popje is 2,5 cm groot, het huisje 5 cm groot. Het kleine tegeltje leek me wel geschikt als aanrecht in de keuken of tegen de wand. De twee "vloerkleden" zijn van vilt en machinaal geborduurd maar de perfecte maat voor het poppenhuis. En dan de wagen. Ik werd er meteen verliefd op. De vloeroppervlakte is iets kleiner dan de kant en klaren zigeunerwagen kits maar nog steeds groot genoeg voor een bed, zithoek en keuken. Het enige dat echt uit proportie is, is het enorme wiel. Dat is wel 12,5 cm hoog! Maar ja, een zigeunerwagen heeft normaal 4 wielen, de mijne heeft er 3. Voor €5,- kon ik hem niet laten staan. Wat vinden jullie? Zien jullie de mogelijkheden?


Another little find were these glass markers. So kids know which glass is theirs at a party.  Somehow these immediately reminded me of those colourful kitchen accessories by Alessi.  Not quite sure what I am going to make of these, but too cute to leave behind.

En andere vondst zijn deze glasmarkers zodat kinderen op feestjes weten welk glas van hun is. Toen ik ze zag moest ik meteen aan Alessi keuken accessoires denken. Ik weet nog niet precies hoe en wat ik ermee ga maken maar ook deze kon ik niet laten liggen.



















Well that's it for now! I off on the internet, browsing for inspiration for my gypsy wagon!

Dat is het voor nu. Ik ga het internet afstropen voor inspiratie voor mijn zigeunerwagen!

Geen opmerkingen :

Een reactie posten